Prep 20 min
1/3 cup canola oil, 3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp. black pepper, 6 large portobello mushroom caps, 6 6-inch soft corn tortillas, 2 avocados, sliced, 2 cups chopped tomatoes, 3 cups shredded cabbage, Vegan sour cream.
Ingredients for Salsa Verde
4 tomatillos, chopped (or 1 cup canned), 1 large green bell pepper or poblano chile, roughly chopped, 1 large bunch fresh cilantro, leaves only, 1 medium onion, chopped, 3 cloves garlic, 3 tsp. organic sugar or agave nectar, 1 1/4 tsp. canola oil, 1 tsp. pepper, 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to high heat.
- To make Marinade: combine canola oil, balsamic vinegar and pepper in small bowl.
- Brush mushroom caps with marinade. Grill mushrooms 3 to 5 minutes per side. Cool until easy to handle, then slice into strips.
- To make Salsa: Purée all salsa ingredients in food processor 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Pour salsa over mushroom strips, and let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- Lightly warm tortillas 15 seconds per side in skillet or on griddle.
- Fill tortillas with sliced mushrooms, avocado slices, tomatoes, and cabbage. Top each taco with sour cream, if using.